Terms and Conditions
Covid-19 statement: August 2020
Our resort remains in Phase One of our opening.
This requires that we close ALL public spaces, including the laundry rooms, restrooms, showers, workout areas, pools, saunas, and spas.
(Our terms and conditions require that your Coach be completely self-contained.) Social distancing will be required, and masks are required.
As always, Beach access will be unrestricted.
Your arrival experience will be different than what our loyal Guests are accustomed to:
Please pull into the "Coach lanes" and pull all the way forward. Follow Staff directions. (Do not block the driveway.)
Remain in your coach until you reach the "Staging area" to unhook your tow vehicle. (Masks required.)
A staff member will approach the Drivers window to confirm your reservation, give you your Check-in packet, and tag the coach. (This is so the Escorts know where to take you.) Please read everything in your packet.
At the "Staging area," you will unhook your "Tow vehicle", "Pee" the dog, and get ready to follow the Escort to your site. Please stay six feet away from staff members and other guests not traveling with you...
As always staff will not be directly involved in parking the Coach. You will work with your co-pilot, as a team, to get yourself parked.
No-Contact Check-out: Please return your white access card and the blue hanger-tag to the white mailbox located at the curb just before you reach the exit gate.
Rules, Policies and Guest Information (updated 3/13/2020) These rules, policies, and guest information are being provided to help make your stay with us carefree and without incident. Resort management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Please familiarize yourself with the list below.
1) Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort is restricted to Class ‘A’ and Class ‘C’ Motorcoaches only, 25 feet or greater in length, and in “Like New” condition. No Class ‘B’ coaches, trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, or tents are allowed. This is strictly enforced per the HOA CC&R's.
Resort management reserves the right to approve or reject any guest based on the age and/or appearance of their vehicle or RV. All RV's must be in sound working order, fully self-contained, and well maintained. Resort staff will inspect all questionable RV's and/or vehicles. Owners must possess a current registration and be able to show proof of vehicle insurance if requested.
Think of it as a "Dress Code" for Coaches. We are being just a little bit pickier about the coaches accepted for 2020. Although we do not have a set "Year" for screening coaches, we do require that coaches be in "Like New" condition. The reason for this is, we have seen coaches that were over 20 years old, yet looked like they just rolled off the assembly line. On the other hand, we have seen coaches that in just a few short years of inattention and exposure to Mother Nature, have "Aged out". Although this is somewhat subjective, the guidelines below make for a reasonable guide to the acceptability of a Motor Coach. To avoid the possibility of an unpleasant situation at check-in, please be objective about the condition of your coach before making your reservation. Some coaches that were allowed last year, may not qualify this year. If you have any doubts feel free to contact us. Send us a picture.
Guidelines for Coach Conditions
All coaches must be well maintained, in like-new condition. Listed below are guidelines for issues that SHOULD NOT be found on a well-maintained coach. Pacific Shores Management reserves the right to refuse entry to the resort if any of the following conditions are present.
- Heavily faded, discolored or peeling paint
- Heavily faded, discolored or peeling decals
- Major streaks down the sidewalls showing long-term lack of washing
- Excessive visible rust
- Wheels missing paint or excessive rust
- Dark mold, moss, or excessive black visible on the roof
- Visibly torn, flapping or missing rubber roof material
- Tattered or torn awnings and/or slide toppers
- Missing panels or covers on utility areas
- Broken or missing windows
- Windows permanently covered with paper, wood, or foil
- Visibly tattered, torn or bent window coverings
- Major body damage (unless it looks newly happened and is awaiting repairs)
- Broken, missing or separating body moldings
- Separating or delaminating sidewall from the body of the coach
- Dripping fluids other than designed (i.e., air conditioner condensation)
- Excessive engine smoke
- Excessive engine noise (broken muffler)
- Missing storage tank caps
- Non-industry designed additional steps
- Visible duct tape used for permanent repairs
- Excessively leaking water hoses
- Frayed, cut or damaged electrical cords
2) Guests: Guests must be 18 or older to register for an RV site or stay overnight unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.
3) Pets: Only two (2) well behaved, well managed and non-aggressive pets are allowed per site. This is strictly enforced per the HOA CC&R's. See additional pet rules in item 32 below.
4) Rules of Conduct: Resort guests are responsible for the conduct, behavior, and control of their children and visiting guests. Children under 14 years of age must have adult supervision in ALL buildings at all times. Persons under 18 years of age are prohibited from loitering around ALL buildings. Common courtesy will prevail between all persons in the Resort. Anyone using profane, abusive, or threatening language or actions directed at Resort personnel or other guests will be evicted from the Resort. Any guest whose actions interfere with the operation of the Resort will be evicted from the Resort. All guests and vendors are responsible for adhering to Resort rules and policies.
5) Check-in time is 1:00 PM - 8:45 PM. Arrivals after 9:00 PM will NOT be allowed into the resort. If you arrive prior to 1:00 PM you may need to wait until your lot is available.
6) Checking Out: Checkout time is 12:00 noon sharp and strictly enforced. Please police your site prior to departing. Please be prompt as a courtesy to the guests scheduled behind you. Late checkouts may be accommodated, depending on availability, with prior approval by resort management at a charge of $10.00 per hour.
7) Site Ownership: All sites are individually and privately owned. Owner's personal items (fireplaces, kitchens, entertainment cabinetry, etc.) are not to be used and are not included in the rental of a motorcoach site. Please be respectful of all lot boundaries and DO NOT walk through other sites.
8) Your Reservation: You are guaranteed a reservation. Your site is NOT guaranteed as each site is individually owned and subject to ownership changes. Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort attempts to honor the site you chose but reserves the right to change your site when necessary.
9) Payment: A credit or debit card is required to secure your reservation. Reservations made 10 days or more in advance of arrival date will be charged a $30.00 deposit. Reservations made 10 days or less in advance of arrival date will be charged the entire amount of the reservation. All reservations with outstanding balances will be charged the remaining balance 10 days prior to the arrival date.
10) Charges: Other charges you may be subject to upon your final check out are additional rents, taxes, assessments, processing fees (if applicable), and additional guest fees. "Enhanced" sites subject to a 10% surcharge. A departure fee may be charged for late check-out and if your lot requires cleaning and/or trash removal or damage.
11) Changes and Cancellations: Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort requires a 72-hour notice for changes or cancellations to all bookings less than 30 days in length. If a cancellation is not submitted within that time, the guest will be charged a cancellation fee equal to one night's rent. Reservations 30 days or longer in length on one site are considered a monthly reservation. Monthly reservations must be booked through the office directly and require at least 30 days’ notice for changes or cancellations. Monthly reservations canceled less than 30 days in advance will be charged a $100 cancellation fee. Monthly guests must understand and agree that if an early departure is mandated or necessary and a refund is given for days not used they will be required to pay the 11% Hotel Tax on the number of days stayed which had previously been waived..
12) Refunds: No refunds are issued for early departure except for in the event of a government-mandated evacuation due to inclement weather.
13) Speed Limits: The resort speed limit is 5 MPH or less. Speed limits are strictly enforced with zero tolerance. Motorized vehicle operators must observe the speed limit and have a valid driver's license. Resort management reserves the right to deny the use of any vehicle that is deemed unsafe, excessively noisy, or aesthetically conflicting with Resort standards.
14) Facilities: Guests use the Resort facilities and amenities at their own risk. The Resort is not responsible for loss or damage due to fire, accident, theft, weather, or catastrophic events. All resort buildings are non-smoking including electronic smoking devices. Shirts and shoes must be worn when entering the clubhouse along with appropriate dress.
15) Guest Vehicles: Vehicles must be parked completely on your assigned site. Parking on grass areas, other vacant RV sites, or in the street is prohibited. Sites are designated for a maximum of one (1) RV and one (1) motorized towed vehicle. Extra non-motorized towed units, such as but not limited to trailers, tow dolly’s, boat trailers, utility trailers, are prohibited on lots and must be placed into storage as directed by Resort Staff. The resort does not guarantee space for extra vehicles. Box trucks or work trucks are not allowed to stay in the resort. Signs painted on trucks are acceptable, but visible tools and equipment is prohibited.
16) Visitor Vehicles: All visitors MUST CHECK-IN with the front office prior to entering the Resort. PLEASE instruct your visitors to utilize the designated "Visitor's Parking" to check-in with the front office. Never stop in the "Fire Lane" for any reason no matter how briefly. All visitor's vehicles are required to have a temporary visitors tag when visiting a registered guest or owner. Temporary passes (mirror hangers) are available at the Front Office at the entrance to the Resort. Temporary passes must be visibly displayed on all vehicles.
17) Parking Spaces: Parking spaces at the Club House and North Pool Area are to be used only while utilizing the facilities and/or attending special functions. Handicapped parking spaces are available around the clubhouse, Welcome Center, and North Pool for those with proper permits. If additional parking is necessary, check with the Front Office in the Welcome Center.
18) Vehicle Evacuation: All RV's and personal vehicles must be capable of being moved within 24-hours. If an owner or guest cannot move their vehicle or RV, they must have it moved by a third party, at their own expense. Owners and guests who leave their vehicle or RV unattended for more than 24 hours on-site must notify the front desk.
19) Vehicle Work: Mechanical work of any kind is strictly prohibited unless performed by an authorized dealer and must be approved by Management. Staking sharp objects in the ground at sites, for purposes of satellite receptors or other reasons, is prohibited.
20) Site Uses: Tent camping, sleeping in cars, or outside your RV is prohibited. Storage is prohibited under or around vehicles or RV's. Structures external to the RV and not an integral part of the RV are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to storage sheds, gazebos/screen rooms, storage totes, workbenches, fences, steps, gas cans, and external propane tanks. Clothes may not be hung outside RV's and no clotheslines may be erected.
21) Quiet Time: Quiet time, is between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am. Quiet time evening hours may be extended for Resort sponsored events taking place at the Clubhouse as determined by Management. All motorized vehicles and bicycles must be equipped with a forward projecting light and rear reflectors during this time. Radio and television volumes should be reduced, and other disturbing noise and activity are to be controlled and appropriate during Quiet time. Children under 18 years of age are required to be at their RV site during Quiet time. Rollerblading is not permitted during Quiet time.
22) Generators / Heaters: The operation of generators or diesel-burning heaters are not allowed at any time in the Resort except for emergency situations deemed by Management.
23) Bicycles: Bicycles and skates are not allowed on the grass areas, sidewalks, across RV sites, on the pool deck, patios or in buildings. The use of skateboards is not permitted at any time in the Resort. High heeled or spiked shoes are not to be worn on the grass areas.
24) Damages: Resort guests are financially responsible for any damage to Resort property, intentional or accidental. Willful damage or defacing of Resort property will be cause for immediate eviction and prosecution.
25) Lost and Found: Lost and found is located in the welcome center or check with Resort Staff.
26) Trash: Trash is to be placed in waste containers located by the Clubhouse and the North Pool Building. Guests are encouraged to recycle paper products, cans, and plastics in our large blue containers. All large items should be broken down prior to placing them in the containers. Glass should only be placed in the dedicated containers marked glass only. Resort waste containers cannot accommodate large items. Do not dispose of hazardous waste items in the Resort. Do not leave oil, batteries, paint, or other hazardous materials at the dumpster, in or near trash receptacles, or anywhere else in the Resort. Please do not leave trash outside of the containers.
27) Sewer: Wastewater must be discharged into authorized receptacles only, and never discharged onto the ground. Sewer collars and approved sealed sewer connections are required at all times.
28) Fires: Wood burning fires, Smokers, Turkey oil cookers, and charcoal grills are prohibited. Propane grills and propane fires are allowed.
29) Wildlife: Wildlife (e.g. birds) are not considered pets and may not be fed at any time.
30) Signs: Signs and other notices may not be posted in any areas unless the Resort Management has provided prior approval. Guests may not sell, advertise, or offer services while in the Resort. The Resort Management must approve any outside business operating on or from the Resort.
31) Weapons: Firearms, lethal weapons, fireworks, drones, and Kite flying are prohibited on Resort property.
32) Additional Pet Rules: (A) Aggressive behavior and excessive barking could result in the termination of your pet's stay. (B) Pets are defined as "domestic" DOGS, CATS, and BIRDS. (C) Pets must be leashed at all times while outside of the owners' RV. Retractable leashes are permitted. (D) Pets are not to be left outside unattended. (E) Pets are not allowed in the Clubhouse, Welcome center, North Pool building, all Pool areas, and Clubhouse Decks. Trained animals and service animals that assist individuals with physical challenges are excluded. (F) PET DROPPINGS MUST BE PICKED UP BY PET OWNER AND DEPOSITED IN TRASH RECEPTACLES. (G) Do not let your pet use unoccupied spaces for any purpose. Any guest, not picking up after their pet, when caught will be fined $50.00. (H) Kennels can be used with written management approval. Size restrictions will apply.
33) Pool/Spa and Sauna Rules: (A) There is no lifeguard on duty! Use the pools/spas and saunas at your own risk. (B) Per State Law, everyone must take a cleansing shower prior to entering the pools/ spas or saunas. (C) All persons must comply with the safety rules posted in the Pool and Spa area. (D) Proper swimming attire is required at all times while in the Pool and Spa area. Street shorts or jeans are not allowed while swimming in the pool or spa. (E) Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper when using the pool. (F) Persons under the age of 17 years are not permitted to use the pools or spa areas without adult supervision. (G) Children 14 years and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times in all pool areas. (H) Breakable material or glass is not allowed in the pool areas. (I) Boats and inner tubes are not allowed in the pools at any time. (J) Diving, running, jumping and other boisterous play is prohibited. (K) Animals, bicycles, and other devices are not allowed in the pool areas, Service animals exempt. (L) Private radios or other devices are permitted only if used with earphones or headsets. Special events are exempt with Management approval. (M) Management reserves the right to close the pools/spas and saunas at their discretion.
This property is privately owned. The renter accepts resort privileges with the understanding that he does hereby waive all claims against the resort and its officers and employees arising out of this agreement, and releases the resort of any and all liability for:
a) loss or damage to the renter’s property arising out of renter’s use of this resort’s facilities.; or
b) injury to the renter’s person arising out of renter’s use of this resort’s facilities.
Renter agrees to indemnify the resort, its officers and employees, against claims resulting from:
a) loss or damage to the renter’s property or the property of renter’s family or guests arising out of the use of this resort’s facilities; or
b) injury to the renter’s person or to the person of any guest or member of the family of the registered renter arising out of the use of this resort’s facilities.
Rules and Regulations
Renter represents and warrants that renter has read and agrees to comply with all of the Resort’s Rules and Regulations. Renter further agrees to comply with any amendments or additions to the Rules and Regulations.
Any dispute or claim that arises out of or that relates to this agreement, or to the interpretation or breach thereof, or to the existence, validity, or scope of this agreement or the arbitration agreement, shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the then effective arbitration rules of (and by filing a claim with) Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc., and judgment upon the award rendered pursuant to such arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof, and the resolution of the disputed matter as determined by the arbitrator will be binding on the parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this paragraph shall preclude the resort from bringing, maintaining and concluding an action against the renter for forcible entry or wrongful detainer, and this paragraph shall not apply to any dispute that is encompassed within the FED legal action. Any arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the following provisions:
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, the arbitration will be conducted in accordance with procedural rules of the Arbitration Service of Portland;
(b) Arbitration proceedings under this Agreement may be consolidated with arbitration proceedings pending between other parties if both arbitration proceedings arise out of the same transaction or relate to the same subject matter. Consolidation will be by order of the arbitrator in any of the pending cases or, if the arbitrator fails to make such an order, the parties may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for such an order.
(c) A party may, without inconsistency with this Agreement, seek from a court any interim or provisional relief that may be necessary to protect the rights or property of that party pending the establishment of the arbitration (or pending the arbitrator’s determination of the merits of the dispute, controversy, or claim).
(d) The arbitrator will have the authority to issue preliminary and other equitable relief.
(e) The arbitrator will have the authority to award any remedy or relief that an Oregon court could order or grant, including specific performance of any obligation created under this Agreement, the issuance of an injunction, or the imposition of sanctions for abuse or frustration of the arbitration process, except that the arbitrator will not have authority to award punitive damages or any other amount for the purpose of imposing a penalty as opposed to compensating for actual damage suffered or actual loss incurred.
(f) The arbitration award must be in writing, must be signed by the arbitrator, and must include a statement regarding the disposition of any claim. The award must be kept confidential to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort reserves the right to make changes to the rules and policies at any time, without prior notice. All are subject to change.